Welcome to the Essential Keys of Internal Power Course!
Before you get started, there are a handful of things you’re going to need to know that are going to make your life a LOT easier.
This course was filmed as part of a workshop-
And as a result, most of the tests and demonstrations we are doing are done with a partner…
But you do not need a partner to do the work!
When you need something physical to test the skills you’ll be training in this workshop, you can use a Heavybag, or a Wall in place of a person.
Now, obviously things are going to to quicker if you have a partner.
If you are going to get a partner- go through the course material on your own first to get a strong idea of what you are doing, and what you are looking for.
The skills in this workshop all build upon each other.
Feel free to skip ahead to the later lessons if you are confused about what you are trying to do or why you are doing it.
You can always go back when you have a clearer idea of where everything is going.
So, if you’re ready to go:
This course will give you an introduction to some of the core principles of Tai Chi and the Internal Arts.
This incudes the basics of Clear’s Internal Push Hands which is the fastest way to build internal skill and power that Sigung Clear has seen in over 35 years of research and study.
It is designed to be studied along side a full Tai Chi curriculum like Clear’s Tai Chi Online or you can use it to enhance your existing Tai Chi training.
You can ask questions & keep us updated about your progress in the Forums.
Internal Power is basically about training to hit harder and harder with less and less effort.
Internal Skill can mean a lot of things but for this course we’re mostly talking about the interesting things you can do with the power you develop.
This course will take around 6 months to complete.
You will learn the fundamentals of building a powerful internal engine that will greatly enhance your practice no matter what art you do (if you’re willing to do the work.)
- Your movement will become more powerful.
- Your hits will be harder and penetrate deeper.
- Your throws will be stronger (and countering throws will be easier.)
- and much more…
- There are even a lot of health benefits that come from this practice.
If you’re new to the Internal Arts you may run into some funny words or descriptions. Don’t worry about it. There is nothing mystical or magical in what we do. We simply have a specialized lingo to help us better communicate about the skills and qualities we are working on building.
For those of you with previous internal arts experience here are some of the skills we are going to work on over the next 6 months.
- Listening skill – the ability to perceive what is happening inside your self and inside your opponent. This skill is absolutely critical to reaching intermediate and advanced levels of the arts and we’ll teach you some very effective ways to build it.
- Rooting & ‘Sinking the Qi’ – These are body states / skills that are often talked about but very rarely trained in a functional way or to a moderate level of skill. With a little (lot) of hard work this will add a whole lot of power to everything you do and we’ll show you how to get there.
- You’ll also learn neutralization skills and get a solid introduction to building skills and qualities like Internal Iron Body, The 3 powers, Steel wrapped in cotton, Fajing & dimmak, whole body breathing
- and more…
The Level 1 program focuses heavily on the flavors and energetic expressions that can be put into your Tai Chi Forms. Each expression is unique, healthy, and powerful in its own ways.
By using shorter Forms (our Big 8 and 13 Forms), your daily training can be done in just a few minutes.
Key self-defense applications are shown for each move. This is the fastest way to learn the finer points of the moves in your Form, so you know you are doing your Tai Chi properly every time.
Also included are Qigong and Neigong exercises that introduce you to feeling and manipulating Chi in your body and games & drills like Clear Tai Chi Push Hands & Sticky Hands which can be accessed in the Bonus Materials at the following link: https://www.clearmartialarts.com/courses/clear-tai-chi-level-1-bonus-material/.
This training will build a strong bridge between your body and mind.